he closest airport to Mobile, Alabama is Mobile Regional Airport (MOB).
The total distance from Mobile Regional Airport to Mobile depends on the specific location within the city. However, the airport is located approximately 13 miles (21 kilometers) west of downtown Mobile.
The travel time from Mobile Regional Airport to Mobile varies depending on traffic conditions and the exact destination within the city. On average, it takes around 20-30 minutes by car to reach downtown Mobile from the airport.
To reach Mobile from Mobile Regional Airport, you can follow these general directions:
- Upon exiting the airport, head southeast on Airport Blvd.
- Continue on Airport Blvd for approximately 4 miles.
- Take the Interstate 65 South (I-65 S) ramp to I-10/Pensacola.
- Merge onto I-65 S and continue for approximately 7 miles.
- Take exit 9 for US-90/US-98 toward Prichard/Saraland.
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for US-90 W/US-98 W/Moffett Road and merge onto Moffett Road (US-90 W/US-98 W).
- Continue on Moffett Road for about 2 miles, and you will enter downtown Mobile.
Please note that these directions are provided as a general guide, and it’s advisable to use a GPS device or navigation app for real-time traffic updates and the most accurate route information.