The closest airport to Modesto, California is Modesto City-County Airport (MOD).
The Modesto City-County Airport is located within Modesto, so the total distance will depend on the specific location within the city.
The travel time from Modesto City-County Airport to downtown Modesto or other locations within the city will be relatively short, usually around 10-15 minutes by car.
To reach downtown Modesto from Modesto City-County Airport, you can follow these general directions:
- Upon exiting the airport, head southeast on Airport Way.
- Continue on Airport Way for approximately 2 miles.
- Turn left onto Sisk Road.
- Continue on Sisk Road for about 2 miles.
- Turn right onto CA-132 W/E Yosemite Blvd.
- Continue on CA-132 W/E Yosemite Blvd for approximately 4 miles, and you will enter downtown Modesto.
Please note that these directions are provided as a general guide, and it’s advisable to use a GPS device or navigation app for real-time traffic updates and the most accurate route information. Additionally, Modesto City-County Airport is a smaller regional airport, so if you are looking for more flight options, the closest major airports are Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) and Sacramento International Airport (SMF), which are both approximately 80-90 miles away from Modesto.