The closest airport to Napa Valley is the Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS) in Santa Rosa, CA.
The distance from STS to Napa Valley is approximately 38 miles.
The travel time from STS to Napa Valley varies depending on traffic conditions, but typically takes around 45-60 minutes by car.
If you’re arriving at STS and need to get to Napa Valley, here’s a route guide to help guide you:
- Once you arrive at STS, head to the airport’s ground transportation area and follow the signs to the rental car companies.
- Rent a car from one of the rental car companies located at STS.
- From STS, take Airport Blvd southbound.
- Turn left onto River Rd.
- Follow River Rd to Mark West Springs Rd.
- Turn right onto Mark West Springs Rd.
- Follow Mark West Springs Rd to Petrified Forest Rd.
- Turn left onto Petrified Forest Rd.
- Follow Petrified Forest Rd to Napa Valley.
By Public Transportation:
- Once you arrive at STS, head to the airport’s ground transportation area and look for the Sonoma County Transit (SCT) bus stop.
- Take SCT Route 60 to Santa Rosa Transit Mall.
- Transfer to SCT Route 30 to Napa Valley.
- Alternatively, you can take a taxi or ride-sharing service, such as Uber or Lyft, to get to Napa Valley from STS. The ride should take around 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Once you arrive in Napa Valley, you can explore the many wineries, restaurants, and outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Enjoy your stay!