Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) is the closest airport to Sanibel Island.
The distance between Southwest Florida International Airport and Sanibel Island is approximately 25 miles.
The travel time from Southwest Florida International Airport to Sanibel Island is about 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Here is a possible route guide to get from Southwest Florida International Airport to Sanibel Island:
- From the airport, take Terminal Access Road to Ben Hill Griffin Parkway.
- Turn left onto Ben Hill Griffin Parkway and drive for approximately 3 miles.
- Turn right onto Alico Road and continue for about 5 miles.
- Turn left onto US-41 North and drive for approximately 3 miles.
- Turn right onto Gladiolus Drive and continue for about 6 miles.
- Turn left onto Summerlin Road and continue for approximately 5 miles.
- Cross the Sanibel Causeway Bridge onto Sanibel Island.
- Turn right onto Periwinkle Way and follow the road to your destination on Sanibel Island.