The closest airport to Yosemite National Park is the Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT). It is located approximately 65 miles (105 kilometers) south of the park.
The distance between the Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) and Yosemite National Park is approximately 65 miles (105 kilometers).
The travel time from FAT airport to Yosemite National Park can vary depending on traffic and the mode of transportation used. On average, it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to travel from the airport to Yosemite National Park by car.
How to reach the park?
If you’re traveling to Yosemite National Park and need to get to FAT airport, here is a step-by-step process to help you get there:
- Determine your mode of transportation: You can get to FAT airport by car, taxi, or shuttle service.
- Choose the best route: Depending on where you are coming from, you may need to take a different route to get to the airport. If you’re driving, you can use a mapping application to help you find the best route.
- Allow enough time for travel: Make sure to leave enough time to get to the airport, especially if you have an early morning or late-night flight.
- Arrive at the airport: Once you arrive at FAT airport, follow the signs to the appropriate terminal for your airline.
- Check-in and security: Check in for your flight and go through security. Make sure to allow enough time for these processes to avoid missing your flight.
- Board your flight: When it’s time to board your flight, follow the instructions of the airline staff and find your assigned seat.
- Get to Yosemite National Park: Once you arrive at the airport, you can rent a car or take a shuttle service to get to Yosemite National Park. The park is located approximately 65 miles (105 kilometers) north of the airport.
By following these steps, you can easily get to FAT airport and begin your journey to Yosemite National Park.