The closest airport to Glacier National Park is Glacier Park International Airport (FCA), which is located in Kalispell, Montana, approximately 30 miles from the West Entrance of the park.
The distance between Glacier Park International Airport and the West Entrance of Glacier National Park is approximately 30 miles. The distance between other areas of the park may vary.
The travel time from Glacier Park International Airport to the West Entrance of Glacier National Park is around 45 minutes by car, depending on traffic and weather conditions.
How to reach Glacier National Park?
Here is a step-by-step process to get from Glacier Park International Airport to Glacier National Park:
- Upon arriving at Glacier Park International Airport, collect your luggage and make your way to the ground transportation area.
- If you have pre-booked a rental car, proceed to the rental car desk and collect your vehicle. If you plan to take a shuttle or public transportation, make your way to the designated pick-up area.
- If you are driving, exit the airport and turn right onto US-2 East. Continue on US-2 East for approximately 8 miles until you reach the town of Columbia Falls. Then, turn left onto MT-40 North and continue on this road for approximately 13 miles until you reach the West Entrance of Glacier National Park.
- If you are taking a shuttle or public transportation, be sure to check the schedule and book your ticket in advance. Several shuttle services are available from the airport to the park.
- Once you arrive at the park, you can explore the various attractions, including Going-to-the-Sun Road, Lake McDonald, and Many Glacier. Don’t forget to check the park website for any alerts or closures before you go.
That’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to get from Glacier Park International Airport to Glacier National Park with ease.