The closest airport to Port Canaveral is Orlando International Airport (MCO), which is located approximately 45 miles away. Several other airports are also within driving distance, including Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) and Melbourne International Airport (MLB).
The distance between Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral is approximately 45 miles. The distance between other airports in the vicinity may vary.
The travel time from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral is around 45 minutes by car, depending on traffic. Travel time from other airports may vary depending on distance and traffic conditions.
How to reach Port Canaveral?
Here is a step-by-step process to get from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral:
- Upon arriving at Orlando International Airport, collect your luggage and make your way to the ground transportation area.
- If you have pre-booked a rental car, proceed to the rental car desk and collect your vehicle. If you plan to take a shuttle or public transportation, make your way to the designated pick-up area.
- If you are driving, exit the airport and follow the signs for FL-528 East (also known as the Beachline Expressway). Continue on FL-528 East for approximately 30 miles until you reach Port Canaveral.
- If you are taking a shuttle or public transportation, be sure to check the schedule and book your ticket in advance. Several shuttle services are available from the airport to Port Canaveral.
- Once you arrive at Port Canaveral, you can board your cruise ship or explore the various attractions in the area, including the Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach.
That’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to get from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral with ease.