Closest Airport: The closest airport to Yellowstone National Park is Yellowstone Airport (WYS), also known as West Yellowstone Airport. It is located just a few miles from the park’s West Entrance.
The distance between Yellowstone Airport and the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park is approximately 2 miles. The distance between the airport and other areas of the park may vary.
The travel time from Yellowstone Airport to the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park is around 10 minutes by car. However, if you plan to visit other areas of the park, the travel time may be longer depending on your location and mode of transportation.
How to reach Yellowstone National Park?
Here is a step-by-step process to get from Yellowstone Airport to Yellowstone National Park:
- Upon arriving at Yellowstone Airport, collect your luggage and make your way to the airport exit.
- If you have pre-booked a rental car, proceed to the rental car desk and collect your vehicle. If you plan to take a shuttle or public transportation, make your way to the designated pick-up area.
- If you are driving, exit the airport and turn right onto US-191 South. Continue on US-191 South for approximately 2 miles until you reach the West Entrance of Yellowstone National Park. The entrance will be on your left.
- If you are taking a shuttle or public transportation, be sure to check the schedule and book your ticket in advance. Several shuttle services are available from the airport to the park.
- Once you arrive at the park, you can explore the various attractions, including Old Faithful, Grand Prismatic Spring, and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Don’t forget to check the park website for any alerts or closures before you go.
That’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to get from Yellowstone Airport to Yellowstone National Park with ease.