The closest airport to Zion National Park is St. George Regional Airport (SGU), which is located approximately 47 miles away. Other airports in the vicinity include Cedar City Regional Airport (CDC), which is about 60 miles away, and McCarran International Airport (LAS) in Las Vegas, Nevada, which is approximately 160 miles away. However, St. George Regional Airport is the most convenient airport to fly into if you plan to visit Zion National Park.
The distance between Zion National Park and the closest airport, St. George Regional Airport (SGU), is approximately 47 miles.
The travel time from St. George Regional Airport to Zion National Park varies depending on your mode of transportation. By car, it takes around 50 minutes to drive from the airport to the park. However, if you plan to take a shuttle or public transportation, the travel time may be longer.
How to reach Zion National Park?
Here is a step-by-step process to get from St. George Regional Airport to Zion National Park:
- Upon arriving at St. George Regional Airport, collect your luggage and proceed to the rental car desk if you have pre-booked a car. If you are planning to take a shuttle or public transportation, make your way to the designated pick-up area.
- If you are driving, exit the airport and turn left onto the Southern Parkway. Continue on the Parkway for approximately 6 miles until you reach the exit for SR-9 East towards Hurricane/Zion National Park.
- Follow SR-9 East for approximately 26 miles until you reach the entrance to Zion National Park. The park entrance will be on your right.
- If you are taking a shuttle or public transportation, be sure to check the schedule and book your ticket in advance. Several shuttle services are available from the airport to the park.
- Once you arrive at the park, you can explore the various hiking trails and scenic viewpoints. Don’t forget to check the park website for any alerts or closures before you go.
That’s it! By following these steps, you should be able to get from St. George Regional Airport to Zion National Park with ease.