The closest airport to Marco Island, Florida is the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), located in Fort Myers, Florida.
The distance from RSW to Marco Island is approximately 49 miles.
The travel time from RSW to Marco Island typically takes around 1 hour by car, depending on traffic conditions.
If you’re arriving at RSW and need to get to Marco Island, here’s a route guide to help guide you:
- Once you arrive at RSW, head to the airport’s ground transportation area and follow the signs to the rental car companies.
- Rent a car from one of the rental car companies located at RSW.
- From RSW, take I-75 S to County Rd 951/Collier Blvd in Collier County.
- Take exit 101 from I-75 S.
- Follow County Rd 951/Collier Blvd and FL-951 S to your destination in Marco Island.
By Public Transportation:
- Once you arrive at RSW, head to the airport’s ground transportation area and look for the LeeTran bus stop.
- Take the Route 50 bus to the Rosa Parks Transfer Center.
- Transfer to the Route 600 bus to Marco Island.
- Alternatively, you can take a taxi or ride-sharing service, such as Uber or Lyft, to get to Marco Island from RSW. The ride should take around 1 hour, depending on traffic conditions.
- Once you arrive in Marco Island, you can explore the beautiful beaches, go fishing, take a boat tour of the Ten Thousand Islands, or relax at a spa. Enjoy your stay!