If you’re planning a trip to South Padre Island, the closest airport is Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO). Here’s some more information on the airport and how to get there.
Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport (BRO)
The distance from Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport to South Padre Island is about 30 miles.
The travel time from the airport to South Padre Island is approximately 40 minutes by car.
To get to South Padre Island from Brownsville South Padre Island International Airport, you’ll need to follow these directions:
- Exit the airport and turn right onto FM 802 E/International Blvd.
- Stay on FM 802 E/International Blvd for approximately 6 miles.
- Turn left onto TX-48 E (also known as Port Rd).
- Continue on TX-48 E for approximately 19 miles.
- Turn right onto Park Rd 100.
- Stay on Park Rd 100 for approximately 6 miles, and you will arrive at South Padre Island.
Note: The route may vary depending on traffic and road conditions.