The closest airport to Stamford, Connecticut is Westchester County Airport (HPN) located in White Plains, New York.
The total distance from Westchester County Airport to Stamford depends on the specific location within the city. However, the airport is approximately 15 miles (24 kilometers) southwest of downtown Stamford.
The travel time from Westchester County Airport to Stamford varies depending on traffic conditions and the exact destination within the city. On average, it takes around 30 minutes by car to reach downtown Stamford from the airport.
To reach Stamford from Westchester County Airport, you can follow these general directions:
- Upon exiting the airport, head south on Airport Rd.
- Continue on Airport Rd for approximately 1 mile.
- Take the ramp onto I-684 S.
- Follow I-684 S for about 7 miles.
- Take exit 2 toward Hutchinson Pkwy S.
- Merge onto Hutchinson River Pkwy S.
- Continue on Hutchinson River Pkwy S for approximately 4 miles.
- Take exit 23S toward Mamaroneck Ave.
- Merge onto Mamaroneck Ave.
- Continue on Mamaroneck Ave for about 3 miles.
- Cross the Connecticut state line, and the road becomes High Ridge Rd.
- Continue on High Ridge Rd for approximately 4 miles, and you will enter downtown Stamford.