The closest airport to Virginia Beach, Virginia is the Norfolk International Airport (ORF), located in Norfolk, Virginia.
The distance from ORF to Virginia Beach is approximately 19 miles.
The travel time from ORF to Virginia Beach typically takes around 25-30 minutes by car, depending on traffic conditions.
If you’re arriving at ORF and need to get to Virginia Beach, here’s a route guide to help guide you:
- Once you arrive at ORF, head to the airport’s rental car center or take a taxi or ride-sharing service, such as Uber or Lyft.
- From ORF, take the I-64 E towards Virginia Beach/Norfolk.
- Take exit 282 to merge onto I-264 E towards Virginia Beach.
- Continue on I-264 E for about 8 miles.
- Take the exit for VA-190 S/Laskin Rd.
- Turn right onto VA-190 S/Laskin Rd.
- Continue on VA-190 S/Laskin Rd for about 4 miles.
- Turn left onto Pacific Ave.
- Continue on Pacific Ave for about 2 miles.
- Your destination should be on the right.
By Public Transportation:
- Once you arrive at ORF, head to the airport’s ground transportation area and look for the Hampton Roads Transit bus stop.
- Take the Route 15 bus towards Virginia Beach.
- Get off the bus at the Pacific Ave & 36th St stop.
- Alternatively, you can take a taxi or ride-sharing service, such as Uber or Lyft, to get to Virginia Beach from ORF. The ride should take around 25-30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Once you arrive in Virginia Beach, you can enjoy the city’s beautiful beaches, explore the boardwalk, or visit one of the many restaurants and shops in the area. Enjoy your stay!